Happy 2013! Here’s what’s new & exciting:
- Tuck Everlasting gets a new website, and we head to Boston for a Pre-Broadway launch event on Jan. 23.
- Talkin’ Broadway names Fugitive Songs one of the Top Albums of 2012
- Miller pens music for The Whipping Man at Actors Theatre of Louisville (Running now until Feb. 2, 2013)
- Watch our Elmo the Musical episode on SesameStreet.org!
- Andrew Samonsky sings “Disappear” Jan 21st @ 8pm at A Celebration of Contemporary Musical Theatre at Second Stage Theatre, hosted by Seth Rudetsky.
- Andrew Keenan-Bolger sings “Top of the World” from Tuck Everlasting Feb 4 @ 7pm at Cutting-Edge Composers: A New Generation of Musical Theater Songwriters at Joe’s Pub in New York City.
1. Casting begins for Tuck Everlasting’s Pre-Broadway Production in Boston
2. Miller & Tysen hit the studio to record a new 4 song demo of Tuck Everlasting featuring the vocal talents of Carolee Carmello, Jeremy Jordan, Andrew Keenan Bolger, Michael Park, & Sadie Sink!
3. Video footage of entire Fugitive Songs release concert now available on YouTube
4. The Burnt Part Boys runs in Chicago until Dec. 22
1. Fugitive Songs available on itunes. Buy it HERE
2. Stars of David begins performances today and runs until Nov. 18 at the Philadelphia Theatre Company.
4. Great write-up on Tuck Everlasting in Variety! Read it HERE
5. If you have not yet “Liked” us on Facebook, now’s the time! Check us out HERE
The sheet music to Fugitive Songs is now available on NewMusicalTheatre.com!
We are thrilled to part of such an awesome arsenal of writers.
Today’s the day! Do yourself a favor and pick up an album!!!!
More pics to come, but here’s a shot from our Release Concert at Le Poisson Rouge!
(Photos by Jen Laudia & Tobi Sarah Nagy)
Yellow Sound Label in conjunction with NewMusicalTheatre.com present the joint album release concert of Chris Miller & Nathan Tysen’s Fugitive Songs and Joshua Salzman & Ryan Cunningham’s Next Thing You Know at Le Poisson Rouge. The concert will feature some of Broadway’s best young talent including Lauren Blackman, Colin Hanlon, Andrew Durand, Christopher Jackson, Kyle Dean Massey, Andy Mientus, Kate Rockwell, Katie Thompson, Karen Olivo, Alysha Umphress and Barrett Wilbert Weed.
Tickets are $20 and available at http://lepoissonrouge.com/events/view/3620
Doors open at 6:00, Show starts at 6:30
Le Poisson Rouge, 158 Bleecker Street
Albums will be available for sale at the concert.
Fugitive Songs is the Drama Desk-nominated musical from Chris Miller and Nathan Tysen. The folk-infused contemporary musical theatre score includes many of Miller and Tysen’s most well-known songs. The studio cast includes Karen Olivo (Tony winner for West Side Story and In the Heights), Gavin Creel (Tony nominee for Hair & Thoroughly Modern Millie), Joshua Henry (Tony nominee for The Scottsboro Boys), Matt Caplan (Spider-man, Rent), Alysha Umpress (On A Clear day, American Idiot), and Barrett Wilbert Weed (Lysistrata Jones). Variety says, ““A powerful yearning weaves through the tunes that make up Fugitive Songs, a song cycle tailored to anyone who has ever thought of shucking his job, his mate or his life to start anew.” The album will be released on Amazon and iTunes Tuesday September 18th. Visit MILLERandTYSEN.com
Next Thing You Know is a new musical from the Drama Desk-nominated team of Joshua Salzman and Ryan Cunningham (I Love You Because). It was produced at CAP21 and The New York Times called it “A coming-of-age tale about struggling artists in the big city. A ‘Rent’ for this generation.” The album features Lauren Blackman (A Tree Grows In Brooklyn), Colin Hanlon (Submissions Only, I Love You Because), Jay Armstrong Johnson (Hair, Catch Me If You Can) and Patti Murin (Lysistrata Jones). The album will be released on Amazon and iTunes Tuesday September 4th. Visit NextThingYouKnowMusical.com.